Tuesday, November 7, 2017

November To Do's


   Halloween is over and November is here. A less spooky time, more a time for food and family and loads of stress when you don't have good relationships with either. Anyway, the near is drawing to a close and I've read pretty much dick. Also, it's NaNoWriMo! I'm already behind, but I just want to make some progress on a story I've been sitting on forever. Let's get started, shall we?

Reading TBR

   I didn't finish my reads from October, so that remains the same. The list is as follows:

  • Long Lankin by Lindsey Barraclough
  • There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins
  • Spellbook of the Lost and Found by Moira Fowley Doyle
   I go into more detail with them on my October TBR post, which is here. Another read'll be Lost Light issue 11, which comes out at the end of the month and details the midpoint of the Mutineers Trilogy. I can't even say what it'll be about, considering how the previous issue ended.

   

Craft Plans

   I'm going to be making more of the cute ghost plushes I made last month. I might experiment and make his little heart colors of LGBT flags. Besides, it'll be good embroidery practice. I'll also be working on my owl plushes, also with LGBT thread colors. 

   I'd also like to learn a little bit about making stickers and bookmarks and all. I'm thinking of starting an etsy, so I might as well have other things there.

NaNoWriMo Writing

   I'm going to do NaNo. Dunno how far I'll get, I'm already behind, but I'm going to make a dent in my story. My project is about a young aspiring superhero named Marion, sixty years after the superhero community was destroyed and rendered to a shadow of its former self. With her ability to conjure horrific imagery and unending optimism, she reaches out to aid a fellow hero in despair and gets more than she ever bargained for. It's a story about finding yourself, coming into your own, and forming unbreakable bonds that might just save the world.

   It's a story universe I've been working on for about six years and it's about time I actually wrote and finished something for it. So fingers crossed, and good luck to all NaNo-ers out there this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment